ABB ensures that the internal and external candidates we select for our job vacancies are well suited both to the culture of ABB and the requirements of the vacant position through the use of globally consistent, professional and validated processes including interviewing, assessment, reference checking and, where appropriate, background clearance.
1. ABB Line Managers initiate the hiring process by creating requirement specifications. From these, HR professionals create job advertisements. You can find all the latest ABB job vacancies in the “Experienced hires” section of this website and in the section “Student and graduate hires”, where you can find global trainee programs and listings of internships, diploma work, and other jobs intended for students or recent graduates. Once your online application has been submitted for a job vacancy, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
2. In the pre-selection round, ABB HR professionals start the application screening process. In the meantime, based on the job requirements, ABB’s HR professionals search for and evaluate candidates whose details are already stored on the recruitment management system and may directly contact CV owners whose profile matches the position requirements.
3. As a result of the pre-selection round, the HR professional creates a longlist of the candidates who best fulfill the requirements of the job vacancy. Longlisted candidates will be invited to the first selection round.
4. The outcome of the first selection round is a shortlist of candidates, who are invited for the second selection round. This may include a personal interview, referencing and/or background check activities.
5. During the final selection round, the Successful candidate is selected. The HR professional will contact the chosen candidate, and will make the candidate a job offer.
6. In due course, the successful candidate will join ABB and the induction process will begin.
If, having browsed our current vacancies, you have not found a vacancy that is of interest, you may submit a speculative application by registering your CV/resume. In this, you should indicate what kind of positions you are interested in, and we may contact you once a match is found between your skills and interests and a future vacancy. You may also indicate what kind of a position you are looking for (for example, permanent, fixed term, part time, internship, or diploma work, etc).
Submitting your CV makes applying for jobs at ABB a simple process. You may update your record any time on our website, and the most significant benefit for you is that you may reuse your CV if you discover an interesting job opening on our web pages.